Thursday, March 26, 2009

first year in college

Yes, I don't feel very comfortable in this college but that's not because of first year attending. Actually, I was enrolled in university three years ago in my country, at that time my major was mass communication. I was junior in the university before I moved to the US. We spent some time to practice English in classes, such as listening , speaking, and writing. But that kind of classes cannot be transferred to Ameican universities or colleges and also I changed my major to Accounting when I got to the US. So what I want to say is that I had to restart my college life. That sucks.I didn't take TOEFL test, so I went to OCC a school that is esay enroll in and very close to my house. At here, I need plan my tranferring to my future. But I still remember when I went to univeristy after I graduated from high school three years ago, I felt I was like a runaway horse. I went to a strange city alone where everything to me was strange and fresh. Different people, different accents and different culture. The first day of the univerisity starting, I left out of the hotel with my suitcases and went to the campuse to check in. I met bunch of people I don't know that made me a little nervous, just a little bit. Later we had two-week
military training, during those days I made a lot of friends. Maybe everyone felt lonely coz we all went to the university alone and we were all far away from home.
Now I get used to college life but ill relative...

1 comment:

  1. Your experiences are pretty amazing, Wen. I'd love to hear more about them.

    ReplyDelete